Trent Nursing: Overview
Matthew Tran - February 26th, 2022
Written By Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran
Nurses are wellness, support, and strength figures on the front lines of healthcare. Trent emphasizes a holistic approach to healthcare and will equip you for success whether you choose to work in a hospital or in a less conventional setting.
Are you a future Nurse in the making? Do you dream about a career in healthcare? Then Trent Nursing is a program you definitely want to look into! Continue reading and we’ll show you all the best aspects of the Trent Nursing program!
Why Choose Trent Nursing?
Through lectures, seminars, case studies, simulation laboratories, online courses, and clinical practice, you will be immersed in both theories and practise all beginning in year one!
You will not only study critical nursing skills, but you will also get the chance to put what you’ve learned into practice in a variety of hospital and community settings.
Here are other reasons why Trent Nursing is a top choice:
- Gain practical experience with 1,300 hours of clinical practice over the course of four years of education.
- Obtain major working confidence and fundamental skills by practising at Trent’s Life and Health Sciences building, which houses simulation labs such as a cutting-edge clinical simulation learning centre and a maternal/child and community care simulation area.
- Attend regional health conferences to present your findings (and your skills!)
- Participate in field assignments in rural Honduras or Guatemala, including projects at the Reyes Irene School for Girls in Honduras.
Trent Nursing Highlights!
- In this degree, choose courses on ageing, mental health, Indigenous communities, rural healthcare, and gender and women’s health to have a deep grasp of social justice and political activism in the healthcare sector!
- Registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses, and graduates of a nursing degree who are awaiting registration make up the students of this degree.
- Learn to provide direct nursing care to patients, as well as health education programmes and consultation services on matters relating to nursing practice.
- Work in a number of settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care institutions, rehabilitation centres, physicians’ offices, clinics, community organizations, businesses, and private residences!
Possible Career Paths:
- Registered Nurse
- Acute Care
- Community Health Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Clinical Instructor
- Palliative Care Nurse
- Nurse Educator or Manager
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Research Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
Location Where You Study:
Do you want to know more about what great things are offered on the Trent campus? Check out our blog: Where Is Trent University?
Popular Trent Nursing Courses:
The top student rated courses at Trent include:
- Transcultural Concepts in Healthcare
- Biomedical Ethics
- Transitions in Health and Illness
- Rural Nursing Practice
- Contemporary Issues in Aging and Health
Trent Nursing Admission Requirements
Interested in applying to Trent Nursing? Below are the requirements you must meet in high school before you apply:
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program-specific prerequisites
- 75% overall average. Minimum of 70% in ENG4U, SBI4U, SCH4U and a 4U Math. Admission average is calculated on required courses, including ENG4U plus next two best 4U/M courses. All applicants are required to complete the CASPer test.
- Read about Additional Requirements here!
The admission process can be confusing for entering students! Want to know more about how University Admissions work? Check out our blog about it here!
How Much Will Trent Nursing Cost?
If you’re a student attending Trent Nursing, and living on campus in residence first-year, your estimated costs are approximately $31,540 for all four years. Don’t fret about this cost just yet! There are plenty of options to help make your education more affordable.
Here are some of the Trent resources you may have access to:
- Entrance Scholarships
- Trent’s entrance scholarships reward you for your academic achievement – and no application is required! Achieve an average of 80% or higher and you automatically receive an entrance scholarship.
Trent University’s Prestigious Scholarships are renewable entrance scholarships that reward 14 outstanding students who demonstrate leadership amongst their peers, involvement in their community, humanitarian efforts or academic successes.
- Trent University offers an entrance bursary to students with a financial need who are starting in September and are attending a post-secondary institution for the first time. Application forms are posted in the myTrent student portal in the New Students folder under the My Account tab.
- OSAP Loans/Grants
- Ontario residents are eligible to receive financial assistance, in the form of grants and loans through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). All Canadian provinces and territories offer similar student funding programs supported by both the federal and provincial governments. Read more at the Trent funding page for more information.
Need More Financial Support?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s financial assistance in the form of scholarships, allowing them to attend their first-choice school. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into Trent Nursing, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
- Additionally, if you’d like to learn more information about how to get into Trent University, you can read our blog about it here!
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >