University of Calgary Business: Overview
Matthew Tran - March 27th, 2022
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran
A business degree is highly sought after by consulting firms because it educates students with a diverse set of skills that are easily adaptable to the ever-changing employment market and economic situation. You’ll be prepared for worldwide employment options in entrepreneurship, management, sales, and more as a graduate of the Bachelor of Commerce degree, with an emphasis in business, from UCalgary!
Interested in learning more about this program? Keep on scrolling and we’ll show you what Business at the University of Calgary has to offer!
Why Choose UofC Business?
What distinguishes a product from its competitors? What is the best way to make a strategic plan? What is your one-of-a-kind value proposition?
With this Business degree, you can learn the answer to these questions! Choose concentration courses that best suit your particular interests and professional goals. UCalgary will help you acquire the contacts and skills you need to succeed, whether you want to start a business locally or pursue a worldwide job opportunity. Throughout your degree, you’ll give formal presentations, work on group projects, and complete a variety of case studies.
UofC Business Program Highlights:
1. Gain Teamwork Skills!
- Interact with your classmates while learning to cooperate on projects through collaborative teamwork.
2. Explore Co-operative work placements!
- Combine your academic education with relevant full-time paid job experience.
3. Gain opportunities to study abroad
- Cultural and academic experiences at a variety of locations across the world.
4. Find mentorship possibilities
- A formal or informal partnership in which you interact with an accomplished expert and learn from them.
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Business Skills
- Introduction to Statistics I
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
UofC Business Locations Where You Can Study:
The University of Calgary, located in the province of Alberta, has four campuses within the city. It is ranked as one of the world’s top universities and is well-known for its innovation, competitive environment, and beautiful campus!
- Do you want to know more about what great things are offered on the UCalgary campuses? Check out our blog: Where Is The University Of Calgary?
Below are the requirements you must meet in high school before you apply for UCalgary Business:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses
Required courses for admission:
- English ENG4U or English Literature ETS4U
- Advanced Functions MHF4U
- Two approved courses, excluding courses equivalent to Physical Education, Fine Arts and Math
- An approved course or option
- The estimated competitive admission average is Mid-80s, but we recommend you strive for an average in the 90s for a higher chance at admission!
The admission process can get overwhelming! Want to know more about how to apply to the University of Calgary? Check out our blog about it here!
How Much Will UofC Business Cost?
If you’re a Domestic student attending UCalgary Business, the annual total for two terms of tuition (your first year) is approximately $10,873.64 CAD.
There are a variety of sources to help cover the costs of attending university including scholarships, awards and bursaries.
Learn more about funding your education at UCalgary here!
Looking for More Support?
Scholarships, one-on-one mentoring, and student support services are all available through GrantMe. Countless students have used our services to get into their top-choice institutions and graduate debt-free!
If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into UCalgary, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
- Additionally, if you’d like to learn more information about how to get into The University of Calgary, you can read our blog about it here!
Start Winning Scholarships Today
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >