How to apply to Queen’s | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - March 4th, 2022
Written by Marion Gorguet and Arry Pandher
If you’re wondering how to apply to Queen’s, keep reading!
Queen’s University is highly ranked in Canada for student experience; this experience includes the most clubs per capita of any Canadian University as well as a robust international exchange program with more than 220 partners. Queen’s research-intensive environment and interdisciplinary program offerings support 91% of Queen’s grads get employed within six months after graduation.
How to apply as a Full-Time Student:
You will need to apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). The OUAC processes undergraduate and professional applications for admission to ALL Ontario’s universities. If you are unsure which application form you should be completing, please use the “Selecting an Application” tool available on the OUAC website!
Note: If you wish to study full-time in the fall, but would like to start part-time in the spring/summer, please fill out the Full-time application and indicate “Summer” as your expected enrolment date.
Full-Time Application Fees:
Here are the application fees that you need to pay with your application to Queen’s:
- Ontario secondary school students (101 form) $150.00 (CAD)
- Other full-time undergraduate applicants (105 form)* $156.00 (CAD)
For more information, please visit the OUAC website!
Evaluation fee: A single non-refundable evaluation fee of $105 (CAD), payable to the OUAC, is required for applications submitting both forms. There may be supplementary fees in addition to the OUAC fee and Queen’s fee depending on your program.
After applying on OUAC:
Now that you’ve applied, you’ll receive an application acknowledgment email from Queen’s soon after (add @queensu.ca as a safe sender)
- The email has all the information you need about your application, including your Student ID and how to get a Queen’s NetID.
- Use your NetID to sign in to the SOLUS Student Center, which you can access by logging into MyQueen’sU.
- Check the SOLUS Student Centre for a list of all the required documents and for the status of your application.
You’ll then need to log in into your SOLUS account:
Submit your Personal Statement of Experience (PSE)
- For all programs, completion of the PSE is recommended. For Commerce applicants, the PSE is required. The Supplementary Essay (SE) is a separate document that has additional questions for Commerce applicants to complete.
- Make sure to note that admission at Queen’s is very competitive, so they may use supplemental information as well as your academic record, to help make admission decisions.
- If your grades are above the admission average, the PSE will be used to learn more about you. The minimum admission average, and the number of students selected based on the PSE, varies from year to year and are dependent on the number of applicants to the program.
- Other supplemental information may include an audition and a portfolio (Queen’s School of Music)
Queen’s University Tuition:
For Canadian Students, tuition at Queen’s, on average, is $6,153 CAD. For international students, tuition costs around $27,513 CAD.
Do these costs sound daunting? Don’t fret!
- Students can start applying for scholarships at Queen’s once they receive their Student Number and get access to the Student Center. Make sure to apply for their Chancellor’s Major Admission Award, and check out their many other scholarships including their Commitment Award.
- There are also entrance-based scholarships based upon admission average and require no additional applications!
GrantMe has admitted countless students into their dream schools. If you’d like to know more about how you can apply to Queen’s, GrantMe can support your goal of admission and your scholarship journey. Start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Start Winning Scholarships Today
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >