How to apply to UofT Rotman Commerce
Arry Pandher - March 12th, 2022
Rotman UofT students benefit from an innovative and integrative curriculum that presents a global perspective for an enriched professional undergraduate experience.
Students at UofT Rotman take career-oriented courses in management and applied economics as well as a wide selection of courses in the arts and sciences. The balance assures graduates have a solid understanding of business and modern society along with critical and analytical skills for effective decision-making and organizational leadership.
The Bachelor of Commerce degree builds on a common foundation of a range of business disciplines and economics — eager to learn these foundations? Keep reading to find out more about the UofT Rotman program!
Why Choose Rotman Commerce at UofT?
Rotman Commerce at the University of Toronto offers a rigorous curriculum combining studies in management, economics, and the arts and sciences for an enriched professional undergraduate experience. The program explores the role of commerce in modern society while developing skill and confidence in analysis, effective communications and decision making.
Things to Know About Rotman UofT:
- Rotman Commerce graduates enter a wide range of professions, and frequently become financial analysts, accountants, marketing analysts, economists, managers of firms and government, or entrepreneurs.
- Some commerce students elect to undertake post-graduate studies. Law schools and MBA programs have been particularly favoured destinations of recent graduates.
- Career Coaching: Students have access to one-on-one coaching, networking events and technical training through Rotman Commerce Career Services. The team will help you determine your career goals, develop a job search strategy and connect with the business community.
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities: Hundreds of employers work with Rotman Commerce to find the best talent when they’re hiring for jobs and internships. Students apply for these postings through Rotman’s exclusive job and events portal.
- Path to Success: With a respected business degree from a globally-ranked university, you’ll be in high demand in fields like sales, marketing, accounting and finance. Plus, you’ll be well-prepared to pursue exciting endeavours like entrepreneurship or an MBA. Explore the wide range of careers your degree can prepare you for using Career Navigator.
Specializations at Rotman UofT
As a first-year student, you’re guaranteed a place in the Rotman Commerce program of study beginning in second year, provided that you meet a few requirements. Find more about planning for your program of study in the Rotman Commerce Program Map.
After First-Year, Rotman Commerce students specialize in one of three areas:
- Finance and Economics,
- or Management.
Each stream combines courses in management and applied economics with a variety of courses in the arts and sciences. The balance assures graduates of a solid understanding of business and modern society along with a command of critical skills across business disciplines, decision-making, and leadership.
How To Apply to Rotman UofT
Before you apply for your program, you’ll need to see if you meet the admission requirements first!
Academic requirements for Rotman Commerce include:
- A Secondary School Diploma with Six 4U/M level courses, including:
- Calculus & Vectors
Search here to find equivalent requirements for:
- Canadian high school systems
- US high school system
- International Baccalaureat
- British-Patterned Education
- French-Patterned Education
- and other international high school systems
The approximate GPA needed for admission into the program is from the mid to high 80s. Keep in mind that the higher your average, the more competitive of an applicant you are for the program!
Supplemental Application for Rotman Commerce Admission Category
A supplemental application is required for this program! The supplemental application will be found in applicants’ Join U of T account after they have applied through the OUAC.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and submit all requested documents, including the supplemental application, as early as possible.
Apply on OUAC:
You can submit your applications through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), starting in early October. Although the final date to submit your application is January 13, we strongly encourage you not to wait until the deadline to apply. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and some admission categories fill up quickly.
The steps below will guide you through the application process.
You apply online for Roftman UofT at the Ontario Universities Application Centre’s (OUAC) website.
- Include a valid and unique e-mail address that only you can access/use. UofT and many Ontario universities use e-mail to send important information.
- Apply before the recommended deadline (January 13) to ensure your application is processed without delays.
- If you are required to submit an English Language Proficiency test result, please upload it directly on your application portal prior to April 1, 2022.
- After submitting your application through the OUAC, you will be required to enable your JOINid and log in to the Join U of T applicant website. Instructions will be emailed to you approximately a week after we receive your OUAC application.
On the Join U of T portal, you can track the status of your application, submit your transcripts and other required documents, and get access to the residence application.
Depending on your school curriculum, you may be asked to complete a self-reported grades form. If the self-reported grades form is listed in your Join U of T portal, it is important that you complete this form to be considered for admission.
- Complete supplemental applications
- Rotman Commerce admission categories require supplemental applications to be considered for admission, you will find these on your Join U of T Portal.
Here are a few important dates and deadlines to help guide you through the application process. You will receive more detailed instructions after you receive your offer of admission to further assist you in fulfilling all of your requirements.
Admission Decision Timing:
You will receive an email from both the University of Toronto’s Enrolment Services and the Faculty of Arts & Science approximately ten business days after you submit your application via the OUAC or U of T International Application. These emails will provide you with instructions on how to access the JOIN U of T portal. Here, you will track the status of your application and submit any necessary supporting documents.
Offers of admission are generally sent out in late February, March, and April. Some offers may be made outside of these dates.
While you wait for your admission offer, you can:
- Check your Join U of T Portal regularly and submit updated transcripts
- We encourage you to check your Join U of T Portal regularly for updates to the status of your application and to submit any updated required documents as early as possible for admission consideration.
- Complete your application by submitting all required documents
- You must complete your application by submitting all the required documents listed on your Join U of T portal. We encourage you to complete your application early, as programs are filled on an ongoing basis. The deadline for submitting transcripts, English language test scores (if required) and supplemental applications is February 1.
- While UofT will continue to accept supporting applications documents after February 1, they cannot guarantee that there will be spaces remaining in their programs.
UofT Rotman Scholarships
On average, the tuition for the UofT Rotman programs for Canadian Students is about $6,100 and about $58,160 for International Students.
Anxious about tuition costs? No worries! UofT has scholarship programs that recognize a wide range of achievements – everything from academic excellence and leadership, to community engagement and creative accomplishments.
All applicants are automatically considered for admission scholarships. Successful scholarship recipients will be notified within two weeks of receiving their offer of admission. Unless specified, scholarships will not be awarded outside of this timeline. A select number of entrance awards require separate award applications.
For more details about all University of Toronto scholarships, and ones specific to Rotman Commerce students, visit the University of Toronto’s Scholarships page and Award Explorer!
Need Support with Applying to UofT Rotman?
Start Winning Scholarships Today
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >