How to Apply to Wilfrid Laurier | Ultimate University Guide
Arry Pandher - April 5th, 2022
Written by Fernanda Munoz and Arry Pandher
Do you want to know how to apply to Wilfrid Laurier? You are in the right place! This blog will explain the application process and the documents you need to submit. If you would like to know more about the general information of this university, make sure to also check the first part of our series on Laurier “How to get into Wilfrid Laurier“
If you want to know how to apply to Wilfrid Laurier, you must first be aware of the deadlines! Don’t miss these important application deadlines. If you apply after these deadlines, your application will be considered only if there is space available in the program.
- Fall 2022 admission (Ontario high school students): January 13, 2022.
- Fall 2022 admission (all other applicants): April 1, 2022.
- Spring 2022 admission: March 17, 2022.
- Winter 2022 admission: November 17, 2022.
- Official transcripts: If you currently attend an Ontario high school, your transcripts are sent to the university automatically from your high school through OUAC. All other applicants must submit official transcripts from each high school and postsecondary institution attended. Submit your unofficial transcripts showing current course enrolment and grades-to-date electronically using your LORIS account. After you accept your offer of admission, you must arrange to have your final, official transcripts sent to the University directly from the issuing institution in a sealed and stamped envelope.
- Proof of English Proficiency: If you have not studied for a minimum of three years in English, you are required to submit a satisfactory score on an accepted test of English proficiency.
- Education Declaration: You must disclose all of your postsecondary education at the time you apply to Laurier. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application information is truthful, complete and correct.
How to apply to Wilfrid Laurier
Here are the steps you should follow to submit your application successfully:
- Apply Online: Once you’ve picked the program you want to apply to and learned about your specific admissions requirements, you can apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).
- If you’re a current Ontario high school student, you’ll complete the 101 application form.
- All other applicants, including transfer students and international applicants, can apply using the 105 application form.
- After sending your application through the OUAC, you will receive an email from the university confirming that they received your application. Application information is processed in the order in which it is received from OUAC. If you do not receive a confirmation message within five days of applying, please check your junk mail first. If you have still not received our email call 519.884.0710 x3385 or email [email protected].
- Log In to Your LORIS Account: You’ll need to use LORIS to complete your application. Your confirmation of application email will contain your LORIS account login information. LORIS is Laurier’s Online Registration and Information System. You will be able to view your application status online through LORIS. You should also use LORIS to view a list of documents Laurier requires for your application and to view when they receive your documents.
- Submit Your Required Documents: You’ll find a list of documents required in LORIS. ranscripts and required documents must be submitted electronically no later than May 12, 2022.
- Make sure you also submit an Applicant Background Summary (ABS) form within two weeks of applying. The last date to submit is April 27, 2022.
- Apply for an Entrance Bursary: Once you have a LORIS account, you will also have access to apply to bursaries. You could be eligible to receive up to $1,500 for your first year at Laurier. The deadline to apply is April 27, 2022.
- Watch for an Application Update!
The average cost of a degree for Canadian students is $9,389 – $14,113 and for international students is $32,309 – $39,915.
Make sure to also check the bursaries and scholarships available for Laurier students. Remember that you can apply for scholarships after sending your application through your LORIS account.
After you apply to Wilfrid Laurier
Remember that it is your responsibility to keep an eye out for an application update. The university might contact you if they require extra information or documents to process your application. The university will email you with any updates including their final decision and your official offer of admission letter will be posted in LORIS.
Need help with the application process?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed about the admissions process and would like to know how to apply to Laurier with unlimited support, you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program