Exchange at UBC
Arry Pandher - July 26th, 2022
The University of British Columbia offers a unique opportunity for students to study abroad through its student exchange program. Every year, UBC students have the opportunity to spend a portion of their studies at one of UBC’s partner universities around the world. Not only does this program allow students to explore new cultures and perspectives, but it also gives them a chance to learn in some of the world’s top-ranked institutions. The student exchange program at UBC is an excellent way for students to enhance their university experience. Want to know more about exchange at UBC? Keep reading!
Exchange at UBC
The Exchange program at UBC is an excellent way to explore new cultures and expand your academic horizons. Students can choose to study at prestigious universities such as the University of Tokyo, King’s College London, or the University of Hong Kong. As a student in the program, you’ll be able to gain a new perspective on your studies and develop a deeper understanding of the world around you. If you’re looking for an academically challenging and culturally enriching experience, the Exchange program at UBC is the perfect choice for you.
- You can take courses beyond what is offered at UBC
- Add more academic and extracurricular experience to your portfolio
- You can form global networks and make friends around the world
To explore the exchange options at UBC, use the filters on this webpage to narrow down the list of host schools and decide what school abroad offers the experience and learning that you want. Most schools are open to all UBC students!
- NOTE: Make sure to check the “Who can go” section in the overview of the university you choose to see if there are restrictions.
How to Apply to UBC Exchange
Where you get to go on exchange at UBC will depend on if you meet the eligibility requirements for the Go Global program, how many spots are available at the school, and how many UBC students want to go to the same place. Go Global matches you to one of your 3 choices and nominates you to apply! You apply in 3 steps:
- Search and narrow down to 3 university partners you would like to attend.
- Meet the eligibility requirements and apply to Go Global with your 3 choices by the application deadlines.
- If you are accepted to Go Global, you’ll get an email 6-8 weeks after the submission deadline notifying you which university you have been matched to and the next steps. Over the following weeks, you will apply to your host university. You’ll get an email from Go Global with instructions on how to apply directly to that school.
Looking For Support in Getting Into Your Program?
To access in-depth coaching and guidance on your writing, check out the GrantMe platform! Our trained essay editors know exactly what UBC admission selection committees look for and can help you draft a winning application. We also provide personalized scholarship matches, essay editing, and student mentorship from past winners to maximize your success. Complete our short scholarship eligibility quiz to learn more about how GrantMe can help you achieve your post-secondary goals.
Join The GrantMe Program