Top Scholarships for Indigenous Students
Arry Pandher - June 2nd, 2022
As June celebrates indigenous history month, it’s important to remember the many indigenous students who are striving to get an education. There are several scholarships available to indigenous students in Canada.
Scholarships for Indigenous Students
- Professional Studies Award for Undergraduates: These grants for indigenous students are valued at $2,500 per year and are renewable for three additional years.
- Anita George Memorial Scholarship Award for Indigenous Nursing Students: This fund aims to support Canadian Aboriginal nursing students who intend to practice nursing preferably in Aboriginal communities or Aboriginal health settings. About 270,000 are dedicated to this fund.
- Eva and Herschel Gora Bursary: A four-year bursary valued at $4,000 per year for an undergraduate student of Indigenous ancestry who is enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Nursing, the School of Pharmacy, the Faculty of Science, or the School of Social Work.
- RBC Indigenous Student Award Program: The RBC Indigenous Student Awards Program aims to assist Indigenous students to complete post-secondary education. Chosen Students are awarded up to $4,000 each academic year for two to four years to use towards tuition, textbooks, supplies and living expenses.
- Indspire National Scholarship Program: This program is designed to support indigenous students as they pursue post-secondary education. The program offers a variety of different scholarships, all of which are based on financial need and academic merit.
Need More Financial Support?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s financial assistance in the form of scholarships, allowing them to attend their first-choice schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into your dream university start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program