Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management: Overview
Matthew Tran - March 28th, 2022
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran
At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management, from the start of your academic experience, Metropolitan’s active, collaborative approach puts you in the boardroom, problem-solving, presenting, and resolving real-world business problems.
You’ll have a solid foundation in business principles as a Business Management student before deciding on one of seven unique majors at the conclusion of your first year.
Are you looking to make strides in the business world? Are you wanting to discover more about Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management? If so, keep on reading and we’ll give you all the information you should know about this business program!
Why Choose Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management?
At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management, you’ll study in the heart of Canada’s business area with instructors dedicated to cutting-edge teaching methodologies that blend theory and practice.
Explore 7 Different Specialization Options
Choose from seven creative industry majors to pursue a focus that matches your passions.
Learn from Experts in the Field
To improve and put your abilities to work in professional situations, you’ll have access to industry experts, an optional co-op programme, case competitions, and networking events.
Find Success After Graduation,
With your degree, you can use your considerable management experience to start or run a business, manage a team, meet goals, and improve earnings. Join a huge and growing network of TRSM graduates who are leaders in a variety of industries! Alternatively, you can pursue graduate courses in a variety of fields, such as a master of business administration (MBA), a master of science in management (MScM), or further professional education.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Full Time: Four Year; Direct Entry to Third Year; Five-Year Co-op
- Part Time: First-Year Entry; Direct Entry to Third Year
- Co-op Offered!
- Learn more about the Ted Rogers School of Management!
Business Management students have a common first year of business studies and then choose from a wide selection of specialized majors at the end of their first year!
Specialized Majors you can take after 1st Year include:
- Develop analytical and quantitative abilities to position yourself as a leader in the fast-paced global market. Obtaining fast and reliable business and economic data is critical for successful management decision-making in today’s technological environment.
- Start a business, build a long-term business, or add innovation and entrepreneurial skills to an existing firm. Toronto Metropolitan University offers more undergraduate entrepreneurship courses than any other Canadian institution, and they are widely recognized as a world leader in entrepreneurship education. Their lecturers have a wealth of real-world expertise and work with student businesses on a daily basis.
- In today’s marketplace, situations occurring across the world have an impact on all firms. In Global Management Studies, you’ll learn how to lead in the changing global corporate environment by developing management abilities and cultural awareness.
- Learn how to manage a diverse workforce, recruit individuals strategically, retain good employees, and educate and develop your staff while maintaining a fair and ethical workplace.
- Learn about important legal concerns in business through the most comprehensive integration of law and business of any BComm curriculum in Canada. Contract negotiations, human resources, policy formation, and property law transactions are among the topics studied. The development of critical thinking and writing abilities, as well as acquaintance with significant topics in business ethics and corporate social responsibility, will increase your comprehension.
- Investigate fresh and imaginative methods to interact with customers. Analyze consumer trends, competitor activity, and other factors to learn how to read and respond to client demands better than the competition.
- Local and national economies are propelled by real estate. Learn skills in real estate finance, property development, economics, sustainability, and real estate legislation to help you succeed in the housing and commercial property industries. The Real Estate Management major was developed with input from industry professionals.
Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management Admission Requirements
Below are the requirements you must meet in high school before you apply to Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management.
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
You must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements:
- English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Mathematics (one of Calculus and Vectors [MCV4U], Advanced Functions [MHF4U] or Mathematics of Data Management [MDM4U])
- MCV4U is the preferred mathematics course
- Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available in the Admission Requirements.
Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management Admission Average:
All direct-entry undergraduate applicants to Toronto Metropolitan University must have a minimum entrance average of 70%. However, we strongly advise you to strive for a 90 percent average for admission; this average is more competitive and will help you win a position at Metropolitan ahead of other candidates!
- The admission process can be confusing for entering students! Want to know How to Apply to Metropolitan? Check out our blog here!
How Much Does Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management Cost?
For Business Management at Metropolitan, tuition costs will vary depending on if you are a domestic student or an international student!
- Full-Time Format Domestic Fees Range from: $9,286 – $9,526
- International Fees Range from: $31,856 – $34,955
For more detailed fees information, you can visit the Tuition and Fees by Program.
Worried About Tuition Costs?
Don’t fret! There are plenty of options to help make your education more affordable!
Numerous students have benefitted from GrantMe’s financial aid in the form of scholarships, as well as our endless student success services, allowing them to attend their first-choice institution debt-free!
Ready to take a prepared leap towards your education journey? Take our quiz to discover whether you qualify!
- Additionally, if you’d like to learn more information about how to get into Toronto Metropolitan University, you can read our blog about it here!
Start Winning Scholarships Today
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >