Waterloo Entrance Awards: Overview
Arry Pandher - July 19th, 2022
Every year, the University of Waterloo offers a number of entrance awards to high school students entering their first year of undergraduate studies. These scholarships are based on academic excellence and are awarded to students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their studies. The University of Waterloo is committed to providing financial support to those who have the potential to succeed at the highest level of academic excellence. Are you looking for financial support? Let’s talk some more about the Waterloo entrance awards!
Waterloo Entrance Awards
These entrance awards are awarded primarily on academic and personal achievement, whilst bursaries, another type of assistance, are awarded based on financial need.
- Most entrance scholarships do not require an application, but there are some exceptions listed here.
- Scholarships are normally awarded in mid-May once Waterloo receives your updated grades from your high school. Details will be listed in your Waterloo Quest account starting in mid-May.
You can also visit Waterloo’s awards website to search the full list of entrance scholarships, awards, and bursaries.
Once you’re a Waterloo student, there are scholarships and bursaries you can apply to throughout your degree! You’ll also automatically be considered for hundreds of scholarships offered by Waterloo’s faculties. If you’re admitted to the Faculty of Arts and choose Renison University College or St. Jerome’s University as your academic home (by co-registering), any scholarships will be awarded by Renison or St. Jerome’s!
Waterloo Awards you’ll automatically be considered for:
These scholarships are automatically granted on your admission average, which consists of your top six grades, including the courses required for admission to your program(s) of interest.
- PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP OF DISTINCTION (ADMISSION AVERAGE OF 95%+)
- PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP (ADMISSION AVERAGE OF 90% TO 94.9%)
- MERIT SCHOLARSHIP (ADMISSION AVERAGE OF 85% TO 89.9%)
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Waterloo Awards which require an application:
These scholarships are granted based on a supplementary application that you must submit to the university.
- AWARDS FOR BLACK AND INDIGENOUS STUDENTS ($5,000 – $20,000)
- GENERAL AWARDS ($1,000 – $3,500)
- SCHULICH LEADER SCHOLARSHIP ($80,000 – $100,000)
Read more in-depth about these entrance awards, and how to apply, by visiting Waterloo’s website here!
Need More Financial Support?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s financial assistance in the form of scholarships, allowing them to attend their first-choice schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into the U of Waterloo, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program