What do I need for my UBC Education Application?
Arry Pandher - July 18th, 2022
UBC Education is a well-renowned university with a highly selective education program. In order to be considered for admission into the UBC Education program, you will need to complete an online application.
What are the Main Materials You Need for Your Application?
UBC Education program is designed for those who want to pursue a career in teaching. The rigorous program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the field of education. The application process for UBC Education is competitive, and only the most qualified applicants will be admitted into the program. In order to be considered for admission, applicants must submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Here are the following requirements by UBC:
Bachelor Degree Requirement
- A completed bachelor’s degree that is academically equivalent to a 4-year, 120-credit UBC bachelor’s degree, conferred by an accredited post-secondary institution
Self-assess Your Academic History
- Self-assessment worksheets will help you review the academic admission requirements for your BEd program option. You may apply to the Elementary & Middle Years option or to the Secondary option, but not to both.
- Learn how to determine if your degree and coursework are equivalent to our requirements. Visit UBC’s Check Your Eligibility page.
100 hours (minimum) of practical experience (volunteer or paid)
- working with groups of 10 or more age-appropriate students or youth is strongly preferred.
50 experience hours should be from a single, continuous experience.
- To prepare for the teacher education program, we recommend that you acquire classroom experience in a Canadian setting to get a sense of what it will be like to teach in BC.
General Tips for Your Application
As you begin to prepare your application to the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Education, there are a few general tips to keep in mind that will help you throughout the process. First, be sure to give yourself enough time to complete the application thoroughly and submit all required materials. Second, make sure to read all instructions carefully and follow them precisely. Third, reach out to individuals, such as faculty members or admissions counsellors, who can provide your application feedback before submitting it. Following these simple tips will ensure that your application is as strong as possible and gives you the best chance of being admitted to the UBC Faculty of Education.
Need More Financial Support?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s financial assistance in the form of scholarships, allowing them to attend their first-choice school. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into UBC, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program