How to Get Into: Rotman Commerce at The University of Toronto
Arry Pandher - March 12th, 2022
Written by Arry Pandher and Stephanie Pugh
Rotman Commerce UofT students experience a developed and specialized curriculum that presents a universal perspective for an enriched professional undergraduate experience.
UofT Rotman teaches students through career-oriented courses in both management and applied economics, as well as a cast selection of classes in the arts and sciences streams. This course balance ensures that graduates have a wide understanding of business and society along with critical skills for effective decision-making and organizational leadership.
The Bachelor of Commerce degree forms the common foundations needed to excel in a range of business disciplines and economics. Want to start learning these foundations at UofT Rotman, but don’t know how to get accepted? Keep reading and we will tell you how to get into Rotman Commerce at UofT!
Acceptance Rate and GPA
The Rotman Commerce acceptance rate is about 10-20%.
The strength of your Supplemental Application and video interview are incredibly important for successful entry into the program!
Before you apply for Rotman, you’ll need to see if you meet the admission requirements first!
Academic requirements for Rotman Commerce include:
- A Secondary School Diploma with Six 4U/M level courses, including:
- Calculus & Vectors
Search here to find equivalent requirements for:
- Canadian high school systems
- US high school system
- International Baccalaureat
- British-Patterned Education
- French-Patterned Education
- and other international high school systems
The approximate GPA needed for admission into the program is from the mid to high 80s. Keep in mind that the higher your average, the more competitive of an applicant you are for the program!
The Supplemental Application for Rotman Commerce
A supplemental application is required for this program! The supplemental application will be found in applicants’ Join U of T account after they have applied through the OUAC.
Rotman Commerce seeks students that demonstrate academic excellence, an understanding of leadership and community, and a passion for the world of business. In order for them to better evaluate students for these qualities, all applicants are required to complete the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application.
- The application includes short written and video responses which give the evaluators an opportunity to get to know you better. The supplemental application will be considered alongside your academic record when evaluating you for admission to the program.
How the Supplemental Application Works:
- There is a $50 Supplemental Application fee, paid with the submission of your OUAC application. Shortly after submitting your OUAC application, you will receive an email acknowledgment from U of T that will include your JOINid/UTORid, your University of Toronto Applicant Number, and information about the next steps in the application process.
- Once you have access to the Join U of T portal, you can view the status of your application(s) and see a list of any required documents, including the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. Detailed instructions about the format of the Supplemental Application will be available to applicants through the Join U of T portal. Applicants will have access to unlimited practice sessions.
If you have any questions or concerns about completing this phase of your application, contact Rotman Commerce at rotmancommerce.utoronto.ca/inbox.
Need Support with Applying to UofT Rotman?
If you would like to know how to apply to UofT Rotman with unlimited support, you’ve come to the right place! Take our FREE quiz to see if you qualify for GrantMe in just a few minutes.
Join The GrantMe Program
Queen's offers several Entrance Awards to exceptional students entering their first year of…Read Article >
York University is widely regarded as one of the best schools in the…Read Article >
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities. Located on…Read Article >
The University of Guelph's software engineering program is designed to provide students with…Read Article >
The University of Calgary offers a world-class education in software engineering. Students in…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At the University of Saskatchewan, Health…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran The School of Rehabilitation Science at…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Everything we do involves data and…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Universities provide educational programs and services…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran At Toronto Metropolitan University Business Management,…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Studying at Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty…Read Article >
Written by Akim Hermoso and Matthew Tran Toronto Metropolitan University’s Aerospace Engineering program…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Is the Engineering program at Waterloo…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Rotman Commerce is looking for exceptional…Read Article >
Written by Aly Tagamolila and Matthew Tran The McMaster Health Sciences Supplementary Application…Read Article >
Written by Stephanie Pugh and Matthew Tran Do you want to learn how…Read Article >