SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship
Arry Pandher - July 18th, 2022
Do you intend to enrol at Simon Fraser University, but need financial support? Then you should look at the SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship! These scholarships, which are based on academic success, are meant to encourage and honour incoming students who have shown academic excellence. To help you to achieve stability for your education, you should look into this major admission award! Keep scrolling, and we’ll give you all the details.
SFU Entrance Scholarships
The SFU Entrance scholarships are offered to incoming students who are starting their first year of full-time study at SFU in an undergraduate degree program. For more information on SFU’s entrance awards and financial aid please visit the entrance awards website or contact the admissions office.
SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship (USES)
The SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship (USES) Program is the most prestigious entrance scholarship at SFU. It is designed to attract and engage high school students who demonstrate the potential to enrich the university community through ongoing academic and community contributions.
Applicants must have grades in the 90% range in courses required for their selected program or 31 IB points (excluding predicted bonus points) in order to be eligible for these awards.
See the tables below for a breakdown of the awards and their values!
SFU USES Application Process
The following provides a summary of what you can expect to complete as part of the SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarships (USES) application:
- Community Involvement & achievements – list and reflect on up to 5 extra-curricular activities, awards, and achievements.
- Essay – write a 500-word essay describing how your personal experiences shaped your outlook on life and how this connects to your future at SFU.
- References – provide two references who have direct knowledge of the information you provided in your application (such as academics, extra-curricular activities or personal achievements.)
- Academic reference – from a high school counsellor, teacher or administrator who best knows your academic ability.
- Community Involvement and Achievements reference – someone in a supervisory role who can comment on at least one of the extra-curricular activities you listed. This cannot be a peer or a family member.
- Additional Information – an optional section where you can describe your financial circumstances or struggles.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD FOR FALL 2023: October 1, 2022 – December 15, 2022
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DEADLINE: January 31, 2023
How to Prepare for the SFU USES Application
As you prepare to submit your USES Application, it’s important to remember the following:
- Start on your application early; this will give you time to think about who would be the most suitable referees to support your application. Reach out to them and ask for their permission to list them on your application ahead of time.
- Read the entire application before beginning your response. Before you begin writing, take some time to consider how your experiences—both difficulties and triumphs—have impacted who you are today.
- Give it some time. As you work, save your written responses in a word processor (such as Microsoft Word). While responses can be saved within the application itself, it’s still a good idea to keep a record of them and utilize spell check!
For more tips on How To Win SFU Major Entrance Scholarships, read our blog about it here!
Need More Financial Support?
Countless students have benefited from GrantMe’s financial assistance in the form of scholarships, allowing them to attend their first-choice schools. If you’d like to know more about how GrantMe can support your goal of getting into SFU, start by taking our quiz to see if you qualify!
Join The GrantMe Program